Initial Consultation document
2. The consultation process
All information on the Initial consultation will be available on the County Council's website at www.norfolk.gov.uk/nmwdf (on the Minerals and Waste Local Plan Review page) and respondents will be able to make direct online responses.
The consultation documents will be available for public inspection, free of charge, within normal opening hours, at all public libraries in Norfolk and at:
- Norfolk County Council, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DH
- Breckland District Council, Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, East Dereham, NR19 1EE
- Broadland District Council, Thorpe Lodge, Yarmouth Road, Norwich, NR7 0DU
- Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Town Hall, Great Yarmouth,NR30 2QF
- Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk, King's Court, Chapel Street, King's Lynn, PE30 1EX
- North Norfolk District Council, Holt Road, Cromer, NR27 9EN
- Norwich City Council, City Hall, Bethel Street, Norwich, NR2 1NH
- South Norfolk Council, South Norfolk House, Swan Lane, Long Stratton, NR15 2XE
- The Broads Authority, Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1RY
The preferred method of submitting consultation responses is by using the County Council's online consultation system to make the comments directly at https://norfolk.jdi-consult.net/localplan/. However, emails and letters and also acceptable and the relevant contact details are as follows:
Post to: Planning Services, CES Department, Norfolk County Council, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DH
Please note that consultation responses cannot be treated as confidential and will be published on the consultation website.
You are invited to read the following document and comment on the issues raised. It would be helpful to the process if comments made can be backed up by supporting information where possible, as the Minerals and Waste Local Plan Review will be subject to Examination in Public by a Planning Inspector appointed on behalf of the Secretary of State.
We are seeking comments on:
- the draft vision
- the draft strategic objectives for waste management and for minerals development
- the draft policies for waste management facilities and for minerals development
- the proposed mineral extraction sites
- the accompanying Initial Sustainability Appraisal Report
- the draft Habitats Regulations Assessment